- 1 How To Set Up Xiaomi Smart Door Lock On The Fastest Mihome App With 8 Simple Steps
Tutorial How To Set Xiaomi Smart Door Lock On Mihome App Fastest With 8 Simple Steps
Add Key to Application
For those who have used the ecosystem smart home Xiaomi, this step is not difficult and it is also the first step in setting up Xiaomi Smart Door Lock on the MiHome App. For first time users, I have the following notes:
- Please refer to the article Mihome application manual
- Select region "China" For a list of products that only support the Chinese domestic market, you can see the section Xiaomi smart door lock As shown below will not be found in other geographical regions!
- For Aqara lock series, required Xiaomi central controller gateway or Aqara Gateway central controller for communication and installation, but in return Aqara has very good smart home linkage.
- To get ready for the connection between the management application and the Lock, you need to turn on the Bluetooth connection on the phone and press and hold the connection button on the door lock to enable pairing. (Refer to the picture at the end of the articlet)
Overview of main screen of management application
In the main screen, you can use your phone to unlock Xiaomi via Bluetooth connection by clicking the lock status icon, now you can slide down the door handle to unlock immediately without authentication. nothing more.
Note How To Set Up Smart Door Lock Xiaomi On The MiHome App, this feature is effective only when you use the phone with bluetooth connection within close proximity of Xiaomi smart door lock.
Setting Xiaomi Smart Door Lock On Mihome App need to check lock status. All Xiaomi smart door locks distributed by Mihub have the following open and close states. When the application screen shows one of the following icons, what does it mean?
- Red Symbol: means that the Xiaomi door lock is in an open state or the door latch is inserted and only partially closed, at this time the indicator light and alarm tone will immediately issue a warning and notification about the phone.
- Orange symbol: meaning that Xiaomi's door lock has been closed, the trigger is in place, in theory, even in this state, the stranger can not unlock it without successful authentication with a fingerprint or password. However, at this time the 3 security pins have not been activated by flicking the handle up! so there is still a possibility of a small door being unlocked.
- Green icon: This is the most secure state of Xiaomi door lock, extremely secure and almost unbreakable. Mihub recommends always sliding the handle upwards to activate safety mode as soon as the door is closed.
The account management page on mihome application is very intuitive and easy to manipulate, you can refer to the illustration with the notes of Mihub below, however I added the following notes:
- Can create multiple user or admin accounts
- Each account can add multiple fingerprints and passwords at the same time
- With the Admin account, it is possible to restore the original data, unlock it in any case and manage its settings
- Features open by card NFC Only applies to Xiaomi high-end phones that support it NFC. To use it, go to the Mi wallet application to install it
Diary open and close
Xiaomi smart door lock can save real-time opening and closing history with detailed notes such as:
- Real time
- The lock is closed or opened from the inside
- Has the door handle activated in safe mode or not?
- What time is the account opened and by what method!
Create a temporary password
In many cases in life, you need to need the help of this feature as post share evaluate Xiaomi smart door lock after 1 year of use. In my opinion this is one of the features I appreciate the Xiaomi Smart door lock.
Note when setting up Xiaomi Smart Door Lock on MiHome App: The temporary password creation feature only works when wifi is on.
In the default state, Xiaomi Smart Door Lock will speak with Chinese language. You can adjust it with the English language as shown below. In addition, you can adjust the notification volume with 4 levels and turn off the unlock feature with 2-time authentication.
Check the front and the inside of the buckle
After the software has been installed, please check again to see if the lock is working as setup. Come here as the end of the process of setting up Xiaomi Smart Door Lock on MiHome App. Good luck to you 🙂
That's it, how to set up Xiaomi Smart Door Lock on the MiHome App for you guys. Hopefully this article will help you set up in the fastest and most accurate way.
For more details on evaluation and contact advice, please send Mihub. In addition, you can refer to some of Xiaomi's smart lock lines that are currently selling like: